Friday, December 3, 2010

Blog 4: Marking Period



Okay, so I have to write a few more blogs so I don't get a bad grade in this class. I think that I will write a little bit about photosynthesis. So we have learned a great deal about what photosynthesis these last few weeks. The actual definition of photosynthesis is the process in green plants and certain other organisms by which carbohydrates are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source. Most forms of photosynthesis release oxygen as a byproduct. I learned that chlorophyll a not only produces all the oxygen for the respiration on Earth, but also produces oxygen for the formation of ozone, which protects the planet from dangerous ultraviolet light. Also that the pigments found within photosynthesis are chlorophyll a, chlorophyll b, and carotene.
When we were doing the lab for photosynthesis in class I didn't find it to be that difficult and I believe that I understood the whole process that was going on. I think that the most difficult part of the lab was when I had to find the R value for the solutions. I didn't fully understand what I had to do until Johnson came over and explained it to me. He helped me a lot and I was able to complete the remainder of the calculations on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment