Okay, so I would first like to say that I am not really one of those types of people who are interested in the sciences. I happen to be more of an English person. But, aside from all of that i really love the Earth!!! I am a nature loving person and have many times received the title of "Tree Hugger and Hippie." I really don’t care what anyone has to say about my passion for the Earth. Now... What does all of this have to do with AP Biology? Well I am glad to report that aside from me being placed in this course to challenge my educational capacity, I also want to understand the way the world works and how people and animals have connections with one another. I am excited to know all that I can from my experiences in this class. This will be the second AP class that I have taken, Chemistry was not easy and I want to work hard to understand Biology to get a good grade on the exam. I have many expectations for this upcoming school year. The most drastic of these expectations will, of course come from myself. I plan on working really hard inside and outside of my class; to ensure my success in the subject at hand. I will have to stay completing focused on my assignments and ask many questions. I will have to admit that in the past I have had a hard time with asking questions when I am unsure of something. I guess that I always thought that my questions were, for lack of a better word “DUMB.” But, I will make it a priority to ask as many questions as possible. I will also have to work on organizing time to study. Last year, that was one of the problems that I faced. This year will be different, I will have time to study and when reading the text book I will take notes, write down questions, and highlight important sections that I do not fully understand.
I have many goals that I want to achieve this year for this class. I want to do well on the assignments given to me, get good grades on the quizzes in class and of course get at least a 3 on the AP Exam. But, I think that the main goal that I want to achieve for this year is “To learn, to understand, not for a grade!” I have spent the majority of my years learning for grades and not because it is important to know. I want to change my perspective on my education and by doing this I know that I can do well. In order for me to do well I think that it will be useful to have some one-on-one time will Ms. Benjamin. I think that by talking about what I have learned with someone who knows what she is talking about) will help me to understand the material too, and it is a great way for me to get my questions answered. This website is a great tool that will come in handy for this course. I am glad that I have this website as a resource because I can use it to stay ahead of the readings that are needed to do well in class and I can know what will be happening during our classes. I am looking forward to this year in AP Biology!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment